Monday, January 26, 2026

Frozen - Poem (Anti-ICE statement)

I look outside my window to a world frozen in ice.

I see it glistening, as we watch everything become enveloped,

Suffocating, we hold our breath, stuck in a vice. 


Nature has a way of saying things twice, 

Through a harsh winter, we slip down the glacial slope - 

I look outside my window to a world frozen in ice.


The plants are dying, cries ring out, as life pays the steep price. 

We hunker down, our roots digging in as we try to cope;

Suffocating, we hold our breath, stuck in a vice. 


Helpless we scream in anger, in front of a world watching with weary eyes. 

I cry for sunlight, something, someone, to throw us a seed of hope...

I look outside my window to a world frozen in ice.


We make ourselves blind, some to hide, and others believing wind with its lies,

leaving our country to hang itself with its own rope.

I look outside my window to a world frozen in ICE...

Suffocating, we hold our breath, stuck in a vice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment