Thursday, July 17, 2025

Contemporary Paganism - Final Paper --> NEW TOPIC HELL YEAH

 OKAY SO 

I just found out that the really weird final paper we have to write for contemporary paganism isn't exactly set in stone. So I emailed the prof to see if I can change mine to explore the NRM of Hellenismos or Dodekatheism (which became legally recognized in 2017 and focuses on a primary 12) (Revivalist movement of the Hellenic Faith). Its a contempoary pagan movement that we didnt really discuss in class and its currently making moves - opened up the first actual pagan temple in almost 2 thousand years this year. 


Sources for the temple

- https://greekcitytimes.com/2025/04/03/temple-greek-gods-arcadia/

- https://wildhunt.org/2025/03/first-hellenic-polytheist-temple-in-1700-years-is-open-and-encounters-aggressions.html

- https://www.greatamericantreasures.org/the-old-is-new-again-greek-revival-architecture-and-great-american-treasures/


Sources for the movement: Academic 

- https://balkansbg.eu/en/content/b-identichnosti/287-elinizmat-i-sazdavaneto-na-savremenna-gartziya.html

- https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt9qg2z6?turn_away=true&searchText=Hellenic%20revival&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DHellenic%2Brevival%26so%3Drel&ab_segments=0%2Fbasic_search_gsv2%2Fcontrol&refreqid=fastly-default%3Aaaddc1a194c2cfe368237956ecb04be1

- https://www.hellenion.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Coming-of-Age-Celebrations-for-followers-of-Hellenic-Reconstructionism.pdf

-http://elaion.org/resource-centre/the-centrality-of-ethics-in-dodekathiesm/

- maybe: https://www.jstor.org/stable/arion.20.1.0005?searchText=Hellenismos&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DHellenismos%26so%3Drel&ab_segments=0%2Fbasic_search_gsv2%2Fcontrol&refreqid=fastly-default%3A9e41db039b4bf9abe45d91e9f0fa8dfd

-  Chapter 5: https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1gxp923?turn_away=true&searchText=Hellenismos&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DHellenismos%26so%3Drel&ab_segments=0%2Fbasic_search_gsv2%2Fcontrol&refreqid=fastly-default%3A9e41db039b4bf9abe45d91e9f0fa8dfd

- https://www.jstor.org/stable/3830219?searchText=Hellenic%20revival&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DHellenic%2Brevival%26so%3Drel&ab_segments=0%2Fbasic_search_gsv2%2Fcontrol&refreqid=fastly-default%3Aaaddc1a194c2cfe368237956ecb04be1

- https://www.jstor.org/stable/20163617?searchText=Hellenic%20revival&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3DHellenic%2Brevival%26so%3Drel&ab_segments=0%2Fbasic_search_gsv2%2Fcontrol&refreqid=fastly-default%3Aaaddc1a194c2cfe368237956ecb04be1


Sources for the movement: Non-Academic 

- https://www.ancient-origins.net/history-ancient-traditions/rekindling-hearth-hellenism-0011554

- https://theculturetrip.com/europe/greece/articles/meet-the-greeks-who-worship-the-ancient-gods

- https://hellenicfaith.com/2017/08/12/reconstructionism-qa/

- https://religionfacts.com/hellenic-reconstructionism

- https://www.vice.com/sv/article/oh-my-gods-greece/


No comments:

Post a Comment