Well. Things with my current roommate have become intense and unpleasant. It is a bit too confusing for me to really explain because I honestly do not know what their issues really are; but for the most part it boils down to their inability to communicate, their unexpressed expectations not being met, and the fact they are generally miserable in their life as it is and I am pretty much the only outlet they have to take it out on.
Which I will not stand for.
They have effectivley ended our friendship - now the goal is to simply find a way to coexist until this lease ends. After that, regardless if they are able to pay off their past debt to a landlord (which is why we kept getting denied housing when we applied together) or not, I will not be renewing the lease with them. My friend "Sweetboy" will take their place at the end of the lease.
If something were to change and my current roommate would need to vacate before the lease ends and I have to find a new one earlier, then I would and it would be up in the air about "Sweetboy". Wether he moves in with me or not, he does plan to move to madison next year, so there is no hard feelings if things don't work out that way.
OR
If I need to get a place of my own...
a 1 bedroom at my current complex would probably be about $1600...... FUCK. I really want to stay where I am so I will budget with that in mind... but I would most likely have to find somethign cheaper.
Rent: 1650 + 35 water = 1685
Electric Utilities: 120 (based on past 1 bed cost. I can tolerate the heat if i live alone)
internet: 35
car payment: 235 (To be finished by Dec 26? Maybe)
car insurance: 90
per loan: $450 (To be finished by March 2026!)
Roth IRA: $100
Savings: $100
Phone: $45
subscriptions: 45
Joint: 70
CC (for Gym): $100
CC (sams): $30
Gyrm: 26
-----------------------------
3131
Average paycheck: $3500
That leaves $200 ish for groceries and $200ish for fun each month. Would of course get as much as low as possible for wiggle room.
Okay. so. I actually could afford to stay where I am if the rent was $1650 or less.
That make sme feel better.
No comments:
Post a Comment