Thursday, August 22, 2024

Notes for Fall 2024 Semester - Seminary

Classes for Fall 2024: Part time (6 credit hours)

I'll need to compare the cost of the textbooks amongst different sites. Some are available in the library - I will need to do a bit of research. 

  • FL1001 Introduction to Personal and Spiritual Formation - Tuesday evenings 5:45 - 9pm CT via Zoom
    • https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SxZssSVdxtt23SLhR_QQ-G-sJbYReO_9YBs1c_NIPfY/edit
    • I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS CLASS I AM FROTHING AT THE MOUTH
      • "Lead a spiritual practice" --> Sigils. I am gonna do sigils. 
      • "Spiritual Autobiography Chapter" --> Brigid sending me Beauty from Ashes in the car as I openly screamed for help. Aine. Leading to get help for my PTSD. 
      • Part C of the summaritive project: Paint a custom Oracle card & write synopsis
        • Required Books:
        • James Baldwin. The Fire Next Time. New York: Vintage, 1992.
            • ISBN: 978-0679744726. ($10.59)
        • Michael Fishbane, Sacred Attunement: A Jewish Theology.
            • ISBN: 978-0226251721. ($32.00) Available on DTL2
        • Edwin H. Friedmann. A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix.
            • ISBN: 978-1596272798. ($29.95) Available on DTL2
        • Audre Lorde. Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches (Penguin Vitae).
            • ISBN: 978-0143134442. ($15.99) Available on DTL2
        • Christian Wiman. My Bright Abyss: Meditation of a Modern Believer.
            • ISBN:978-0374534370 ($12.99 Available on DTL2)

** Bruh. I just checked and the first professor also offers the second course. I looked at their sylabus... I wish I had the same professor for both classes. Its not a matter of one class being harder than the other. Its the professor.... Note to self: CHOOSE PACKMAN AND AVOID WHEELER

I am sweating. Is it too late to change and I just go to work late every Thursday? T_T

**Edit:  BRUH I HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF THE TEXTBOOKS READ AND A BOOK REPORT WRITTEN BEFORE THE FIRST CLASS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Thrift Books Class 1
    • Edwin H. Friedmann. A Failure of Nerve: Leadership in the Age of the Quick Fix - 7
    • Michael Fishbane, Sacred Attunement: A Jewish Theology. - 21
    • Wesley J. Wildman, God Is … - 27
    • Dan Cohn-Sherbok (editor), Holocaust Theology: A Reader - 5
    • James H. Cone, The Spirituals and the Blues, Second Revised Edition - 8
    • Audre Lorde. Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches - 15
  • Abe Books 
    • James Baldwin. The Fire Next Time - $8
    • Christian Wiman. My Bright Abyss: Meditation of a Modern Believer - 6
    • Catherine Keller, On the Mystery: Discerning Divinity in Process - 5
    • Sallie McFague, Models of God: Theology for an Ecological, Nuclear Age - 4
    • Elie Wiesel, Night, Translated by Marion Wiesel - 4
    • Kathryn B. Alexander, Saving Beauty: A Theological Aesthetics of Nature - 23
    • William Franke (editor), On What Cannot Be Said: Apophatic Discourses in Philosophy, Religion, Literature, and the Arts, Volume 1: Classic Formulations - 47
  • Chegg 
    • John D. Caputo, What to Believe? Twelve Brief Lessons in Radical Theology - 180 days for $15

No comments:

Post a Comment