- devotional layer - basic experience of being drawn to it... there is just something we just have to engage. the eenrgy and experience of devotion. Vital meaning for our lives. creating devotional actsinspired by somthing in the story...
- I crave to be devotional. It is my biggest shame spiritually that i don't have the discipline to be as devotional as I want to be. It is my dream to have a temple - a threshold to cross to enter into a devotional Mindspace.
- devotional acts help us enter into an altered state of consciousness.
- Other than singing the song... what devotional practice could I develop from my selkie song?
- expresses and feels like it is becoming a shaper or guide
- initiatory layer --- big changes -- the opening of a personal portal. They open something within us. Some sort of transformative experience -- when I sing it, it does ground me in a sort of contemplative awareness. It almost puts me in a altrered state - but I don't know how this would apply to my story.
- we feel drawn to embrace the sacred - and we feel the sacred is embracing us as well.
- makes the devotional experience personal and pressing.
- urgency that required an intentional action or commitment on my part -- use the devotional material as an initiatory and covenantal experience between self and divine. Not always communal - but covenant between self and divine.
- This is where you assign your own meaning over it.
- magic layer --- directly related to how I see myself working with magic in the world - the experience is awakening, the inspiration, the wisdom, and the clarity we can gain about how we work our magic in the world.
- i know how it shows what I want to do in the world. I want to help others embrace the magic of what and who they are. embracing their true nature and authenticity to open themselves up to the blessings of the universe. Claim their own magic.
1 - found sacred speaking to me and turn it into a practice
2 - initiating them into me and me into them
3- leads to practical magic through the use of it
I am trying to figure out what devotional practice and initiatory example... I know the meaning of the story and the projection of the story.
Magic - a retelling of the story in how it reverberates in our lives... my magic involves transformation, acceptance, love, and courage
Can you have an initiatory experience without devotional practices?
No comments:
Post a Comment