Monday, October 20, 2025

Ritual Mid term outline options

 Outline Possibilities:


  1. Introduction: Function and meaning - the type of ritual and how I am changing it. Why I chose it. (explain how I did not consider this an initiation as the book says that would require a community and practice to be initiated into — but his lecture changed my mind. - Week 6--Ritual: Devotion, Initiation, and Magic) What path this aligns with…. My own. Given it is my own, a brief overview of my path. Disclaimers: 1) Most of the values being expressed in this ritual are my own personal associations and desires; 2) all practices used in this ritual are totally from my own making/combination of singular aspects. If this resembles the actual practice of another culture, I am unaware of this - by no means do I intend to take from another culture without providing the respect and context owed – bonse pg121.  - Polyphasic is a belief in multiple real states of mind (awake + dreams + trance + visions) - RITUAL pg 95. Function: attempting to bring forth an unconscious sense of being ready to step into the role of leader and adulthood while releasing/washing away anything that was holding me back. I am attempting to change my worldview and cosmology to be less monophasic and more polyphasic. My world view is poly but my cosmology is mono; I want to change the cosmology- RITUAL 45 

  2. Outline and commentary: who are those involved? Why are they there – expressing my desire for family, community, and acceptance? Then provide a step by step for the ritual - for each step provide the ritual driver, tools, symbolism and the meaning expressed, and function/meaning of each role. - For the writing down step: Writing down your dreams can actually make lucid dreaming easier, as it gives your mind a bit of structure as you shift from an ASC back into waking life, helping you carry pieces of that dream state into your everyday memory.Fragmented memories of ASCs are especially common in societies that lack ritualized ways to carry experiences across these warps and that do not pass down a culturally shared, polyphasic world view. - RITUAL 95. This section will be what draws on BONES a lot. 

  3. Analysis: Discuss framing through time, new moon & full moon vs menstrual cycle as well as various locations this could be done and why. When I actually do it, I will be in my apartment however in an ideal location this would be done outdoors or at a bath house.  What expressions and shaping does the ritual do as a whole? In the introduction I discuss briefly the function and meaning, lets go more in depth here. My world view is poly but my cosmology is mono; I want to change the cosmology- RITUAL 45

  4. Conclusion: The function of the ritual leads into the conclusion. Use BONES to go more in depth on the purpose of the initiation and how coming of age is treated as a rite of passage. Look into how traditional coming of age and how mine differs. When I plan to do it myself – it coincides with Saturn's return. 





Alternative:


  1. Introduction: Function and meaning - the type of ritual and Why I chose it. (explain how I did not consider this an initiation as the book says that would require a community and practice to be initiated into — but his lecture changed my mind. - Week 6--Ritual:  Devotion, Initiation, and Magic). What path this aligns with…. My own. Given it is my own, a brief overview of my path. Disclaimers: 1) Most of the values being expressed in this ritual are my own personal associations and desires; 2) all practices used in this ritual are totally from my own making/combination of singular aspects. If this resembles the actual practice of another culture, I am unaware of this - by no means do I intend to take from another culture without providing the respect and context owed – bonse pg121. The Primary participants, ideal setting, and list of tools needed. These statements explain part 1 and part 2. 

  2. Part 1 - Script: Walk through the whole ritual, who does what, generally what is said. How detailed does this need to be? Waiting for the professor to respond. Whenever I get towards an aspect inspired by the BONES book, tag it via footnote. 

  3. Part 2 - Commentary: Into paragraph explaining how this part will go. Commentary on Function and meaning to me personally (expression and shaping), Symbolism - what values are here, why I chose the people I did and how that is also a form of expression/shaping/ and magic, Drivers (tools, setting, framing, and the uses). Basically instead of each step being commented on - have it all in one place under each heading and subheading. 

  4. Conclusion: Use BONES to go more in depth on the purpose of the initiation and how coming of age is treated as a rite of passage. Look into how traditional coming of age and how mine differs. When I plan to do it myself – it coincides with Saturn's return. 

^^^^Will be similar to how i do the final project


No comments:

Post a Comment