How I define it:
"Glamour magic is a feedback loop of love and prosperity. Essentially, you manifest your desires through self care and love. We are divine beings - when we support and care for ourselves, we are supporting and caring for the divine energy of the world. In return, the divine energy of the world will support and care for us. The more we love ourselves, the more we take care the universe or Spirit, and the more the universe/Spirit loves and takes care of us.
This is energy work. By devoting yourself to honoring your own divinity and supporting yourself, you shift your energy to become magnetic. This really is a you-attract-what-you-give in a nutshell. You can do this through various forms of self care such as adornment through cosmetics and jewlery, what you wear, skin care, diet, going to the gym, mirror work, etc."
Online definition:
"Glamour magic is a form of witchcraft focused on altering perception to enhance personal beauty, confidence, and magnetism, often using daily routines like makeup, fashion, and intentionality to shift how one is seen by the world. It is energy-based, using personal power to attract desires like love or success, rather than physically changing one's appearance. "
Glamour magic is about treating yourself with sweetness and abundance, and in turn the universe will do the same. The online definition uses the term "magnetism" - this is a good word. You become a magnet for blessings and abundance, but it is important to understand WHY this happens.
A lot of people think that glamour magic is just making yourself pretty or trying to alter how you look so that you can attract love. But it is so much deeper than that. Its about unconditional love, respect, and honoring the divine within yourself. The most common form of this is done through things that enhance one's beauty, but beauty is more than skin deep.
Possible methods of Glamour magic:
- Skin Care routine
- Adornment with Make up
- Adornment with Jewlery
- Perfumes and lotions
- The use of Sigils
- Affirmations
- Color Magic
- Personal Expression - this is a big one.
- Mirror Work
- Meditattive Visualizations
- Ritual Baths
- Devotionals with the divine
- Sex Magic
Contrarty to what a lot of people may think - this does not have to be based on monetary or financial abundance. You can treat yourself luxuriously with energy alone - you do not have to spend a lot of money to attract a lot of money.
Dollar tree makeup works just as well as saphora. Wearing the clothes you like that exists in your closet is just as powerful as going out and revamping your entire wardrobe.
Everything is about how you FEEL. If you feel loved, luxurious, pampered, healthy, vibrant, and seen... you are basking in sweetened energy and the universe will respond in kind. Glamour work is 100% about intention.
Apply mascara to help you see your own worth. Apply lipstick to speak loving words and energy into the world. Wash your face to remove negative energy and apply moisture to replenish the energy removed with positive energy. Soak in a bath with the intention of recharging. Do mirror work while brushing your teeth. Take your daily medication or vitamins with the intention of nourishing your body, strengthening your energy and spiritual power. Going to the gym to remind your body and soul of its strength to overcome difficulty. Or if you don't want to have to think about WHY you are doing every part of your routine - focus on how you FEEL when you do it. Does makeup make you feel more confident or is it a fun way to express yourself? Hold on to that feeling. Does going to the gym make you feel powerful? Good - keep it going.
Whenever I find myself feeling low - I will wear lingerie under my clothing. No one needs to know its there - I know its there. It makes me feel powerful, it makes me feel confident, and it makes me appreciate myself more on days where I struggle. When I do that... I have a better day. Its the little things you do for yourself that have a big impact because of how you feel. The fact that you feel something at all is proof of an energy shift. It can start small and build from there!
Its all about perception - how you see yourself and the world around you affects how the world around you/universe sees you. Shape your perception into one of love, luxury, blessings, and lessons... live in beauty and sweetness and that is what will come!
Where to start?
Glamour magic often starts with SHADOW WORK to find why you hold yourself back from the blessings that come your way.
- The first step is identifying what is blocking your blessings - internally what do you hold that stops you from attracting what you desire?
- Once idtentified - what purpose did this obstacle provide? How can we show it gratitude and love, and then release it?
- What change can we invite in to allow us to truly show ourselves the love we deserve?
- Once the internal shift needed is identified, we can begin glamour magic. We have found our starting point.
There is a particular journey that I find useful for this - it is tied to the story of the maiden and the selkie. This folk tale is good for various forms of transformation and transmutation; in this case what is the sealskin we seek? What is the change needed that will allow us to step into the love and life that serves our highest good and meets our deepest desires?
Once we have that starting point in place we can go over some methods of glamour magic - in particular I want to work with everyone on the simplest and most accesible method: mirror work. This could be actual mirrors of any size, relfections in windows or cars, reflections within water, etc. Once you find your method of "mirroring" I want you to look yourself in the eyes and say your affirmations. By doing this you are talking to your own soul, your internal divinity... AND divinity is talking directly to you. The feeback loop has physical form.
Examples - the affirmations I say in my mirror work:
"I am a witch and my words hold power.
I am grateful for my health, I am greatful for my wealth,
These blessings of abundance continue to flow to me uninterrupted and I accept them unconditionally.
I am grateful for the health and happiness of my loved ones.
I am a witch and my words hold power.
I am beautiful! With clear skin and healthy teeth.
I am Radiant! My energy enters a room before I do.
I am a witch and my words hold power.
My intuition is strong and I will trust it without hesitation.
I am connected to the divine within myself,
And through that connection, I connect with the divine around me.
I hear and sense the presence of spirits that love and support me.
I am powerful, my spiritual gifts grow exponentially.
I embrace the blessings that come my way unconditionally.
I am a witch and my words hold power.
And so it is."
You can frame this as a prayer if that makes you feel more comfortable. I would be happy to meet with anyone one on one to help create an affirmation for this exercise if you feel you do not know where to start. You do not have to start off with as many as I just listed - finding one or two to begin is perfect.
It could be something as simple as
"I am a divine being and my words hold power.
I am deserving of love and kindness.
I am pure love in human form."
Or
"I am a divine being and my words hold power.
I am blessed by God and accept those blessings unapologetically.
I deserve good things and am open to recieve."
Or even more simply:
"I am powerful. I am worthy. I am deserving of happiness. I am grateful for all the good in my life."
Then I want you to start listing everything you are happy and grateful for... then shift to what you want and speak as if it already here. "I am grateful for passing my class. I am grateful for the raise at work. I am grateful for my loving partner." Speak as if it is already here --- all while maintaining eye contact.
I am happy to pause and answer any questions before we get ourselves ready for a brief time of meditation or journey work.
- Pause for Questions - ANY questions. Nothing is too personal or inappropriate
- Get everyone comfortable and start drumming - allow them to focus on breath for a few minutes to enter an altered state.
- Lead a light-body exercise to enter warped state.
- Ask focal questions: What is the change we seek to allow us to step into our greatest good and live a life full of our sacred desires? What transformation is needed to love and support the core of who we are? Our own sacred energy. What journey must we embrace?
- Recite the maiden and the selkie (sing? recite as oral story?)
- Re-ask the focal questions: What is the seal skin we seek? What is the change that our spirits crave so that we can live a life fulfilled in our desires and greatest good?
- Drum for a few minutes and let people meditate on this.
- Call everyone back to their bodies and ground them in the moment.
- End Journey and allow anyone to journal what they recieved. Invite anyone who is comfortable with it to share where their journey into self love will begin - what to let go of, what to welcome in. Ask them in return what is an affirmation they can say to bring that into their reality.
- After anyone who wants to share has done so - break off into solitary time to practice. Anyone who wishes to have some help with their exercise is welcome to approach.
- Solitary practice and reflection for however long feels appropriate.
- Return and open for discussion - how does everyone feel? What is it like looking at yourself in direct eye contact? Anything anyone wants to reflect on?
No comments:
Post a Comment