Sunday, March 1, 2026

Life update.

 Charlie and I move into our new apartment in 33 days. 

We have 3 kittens - Maui, Banshee, and Valkyrie.

As of Friday February 27th 2026…. Smokey is gone. 


His kidney failure has progressed to where he was throwing up constantly and was in pain. So I had to make the very hard decision to say goodbye. He went to sleep on a good day. 

I am struggling. 


Snow is sad and needing extra love. She wears her heart on her sleeves. I think this is her first death and I know she misses him. 

Humu is grieving more subtly. He sleeps on the bed regularly now. He is a lot more open to affection. 

The kittens probably aren’t even aware. I think Banshee is. I think she was sent to me to help me process Smokey’s loss. 

I want to love them all. But I bounce between disassociatingly numb and overwhelming grief. I’m going through the motions but I don’t know how much I can give them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment