Okay I currently have 3 credit cards, a personal loan, an auto loan, and student loans.
- CC 1 - USAA - 20.9% APR roughtly 400$ -- I use this for my gym expenses
- CC 2 - USAA - 16.9% - roughly $700 -- this is my most used credit card
- CC 3 - SAMS - 28.65% - roughly $900 -- this i barley use but had to use recently
- Auto Loan - USAA - 3.94% - roughly $6900 -- lowest rate anywhere.
- Personal Loan - Advia - 9.2% - roughly $5600 -- ahead of schedule on paying balance
- Student Loans ---- lets not talk about those...
I am debating opening a 4th CC to condence CC 2 and CC3; it would have a lower APR and I would keep those 2 out of my wallet, to use only in cases of emrgency. This would take a hit on my credit which ould lower it.... but then after a few months make it go up because my credit use/available funds would be smaller.
I WOULD NOT close the credit lines because i learned the hard way that it will plummet my credit score.
So I would limit the # of credit payments i need to make a month to 2 of them, lower the amount I am paying and also push everything to a lower interest rate. So it would look like this:
- CC 1 - USAA - 20.9% APR roughtly 400$ -- I use this for my gym expenses
CC 2 - USAA - 16.9% - 0 - for use in case of emergency- $12,200 availableCC 3 - SAMS - 28.65% - 0 - for use in case of emergency- Auto Loan - USAA - 3.94% - roughly $6900 -- lowest rate anywhere.
- Personal Loan - Advia - 9.2% - roughly $5600 -- ahead of schedule on paying balance
- CC 4 - Advia - 8.90% - roughly $ -- condensed all CC except CC1. How much available?
Aaprtment (rent/utilities/internet) : $1135
phone: $55
Savings: $100
Roth IRA: $100
Loan: $450
Credit 1: $100
Credit 4: $50
Med Bill: $95 I will pay this off with the Nov. Bonus.
Car Payment: $235
Car insurance: $90
Health insurance: $495 -- will probably pay several months upfront with school refund.
The Joint: $70
Gym: 25
Gas: $80
Subscriptions: $20
Pets: $50
Groceries: $250
------------------------
$3305
Essentially I would only carry around 2 cards and would limit everything i spend until the end of the month where leftover funds are alotted btween debt and savings.
No comments:
Post a Comment