Monday, November 3, 2025

Cost of living

 Goddman it. 


My insurance went WAY up. its just under $500 a month now... So I am going to need my rent to go down. We for sure cannot keep this apartment that I am so in love with - unless i get another job or my boss gives me a raise (unlikely). Lets say they just raise my rent by $50 for renewal ... 1970 + 50 = 2030.  All budgeting will be rounded to the nearest multiple of 5. 


Rent: 2030

Utilities: $200 give or take 

Internet: $40

-----------------------

Apartment costs: $2270 / 2  = $1135 split between me and charlie

 so.. 

Aaprtment: $1135

phone: $55

Savings: $100

Roth IRA: $100

Loan: $450

Credit 1: $100

Credit 2: $100

Credit 3 (Sams): $30

Med Bill: $95

Car Payment: $235

Car insurance: $90

Health insurance: $495

The Joint: $70

Gym: 25

Gas: $80

Subscriptions: $20

Pets: $50

Groceries: $250

------------------------

$3480 --- which is JUST about what i bring home every month. I might have to lean on charlie when it comes to groceries 

I will have to stop seeing my trainer - thats what goes towards Cred 1. If I stop seeing her... then I will stop owing on that CC. 

Okay lets think about this.  I owe about $700 to fridert for my surgery - if i pay this off with the holiday bonus i get $95 back into circuit each month meaning i can keep my trainer. 

By the time spring refund hits (Feb) I will owe:
  • about $4300 in my personal loan
  • about $6209 to my car. -- leave this for now. lowest interest.
My next loan comes in June. So Feb-June insurance would be $2500. If I put that towards my insurance... then I pay my usual $450 to my loan and any extra i have each month, but i am not left scrambling. I have that $500 each month to spend as i NEED to. 

*****

If we do end up having to give up the apartment (which I truly hope we don't) because they jack up my renewal rate...  in no particular order...

Here are the options to consider: (need to go through and edit this into the other list too)

  • https://www.apartments.com/lincoln-ridge-madison-wi/ste6lj5/
  • https://www.apartments.com/preserve-west-madison-wi/sgjg7d7/
  • https://www.apartments.com/maple-grove-apartments-madison-wi/0h2qkm3/
  • https://www.apartments.com/high-point-commons-apartments-madison-wi/wrvv8zl/
  • https://www.apartments.com/lamplighter-apartments-madison-wi/b68s6jb/
  • https://www.apartments.com/stone-creek-apartments-madison-wi/k2db6pb/
  • https://www.apartments.com/high-point-woods-madison-wi/h2kjgc1/
  • https://www.apartments.com/yorktown-apartments-madison-wi/n9w3gem/
  • https://www.apartments.com/market-west-apartments-middleton-wi/d33m0hj/
  • https://www.apartments.com/wexford-place-apartments-madison-wi/f8j93mt/
  • https://www.apartments.com/shadow-creek-apartments-madison-wi/qrkpx8x/
  • https://www.apartments.com/harbour-town-madison-wi/n41gg6p/
  • https://www.apartments.com/the-landmark-at-hatchery-hill-fitchburg-wi/zbj197w/
  • https://www.apartments.com/muirfield-apartments-madison-wi/0vkmpk3/
  • https://www.apartments.com/seminole-creek-fitchburg-wi/681b38v/

If we have to:

  • https://www.apartments.com/haven-park-apartments-fitchburg-wi/qt20mqz/
  • https://www.apartments.com/fiedler-apartments-madison-wi/ndqlvrq
  • https://www.apartments.com/parkside-madison-wi/6zm3l7t/
  • https://www.apartments.com/royal-arms-apartments-madison-wi/f4s2z3v/
  • https://www.apartments.com/beaverbrook-apartments-middleton-wi/1nnevk6/


No comments:

Post a Comment