Wednesday, November 12, 2025

Cholesterol

Every plate - 5 meals, 2 servings - $80.90 a week/176 a month per person. 

Dinnerly - 5 meals, 2 servings - $90.89 a week/$197 a month per person 

Only for dinners. Lunches and weekend meals would be regular grocery shopping. 


Alternatively I could research 30 recipes to alternate with. *list to come* 


Actually this website has SO MANY heart healthy recipes. Can use this for inspiration! 

https://recipes.heart.org/en/

Also - moderate alcohols, preferably with less sugar. Dark beer and red wine have been proven to actually help a little with cholesterol! (In moderation)


Honestly... cook more, eat out less, try to use more veggies, less oil or butter. Start Roasting, baking, and grilling more. Less pasta - like seriously try to avoid it for the most part; but use protein pasta or plant pasta when we do. 

Remember: Lemon pepper, Medeteranian, Marinades for meat let you keep it simple and flavorful without a lot of sauce needed. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MX4e1a-S-uZP-Umw52Fnp53ZgDjyvVJ0LpdcaIT5vrA/edit?usp=sharing

Foods to avoid...

Foods High in Saturated Fat: Can have no more than 20 grams of it per day

  • Fatty meats (beef, pork, lamb)
  • Processed meats (hot dogs, sausage) -- dang. 
  • Full-fat dairy products (whole milk, cheese, butter) -- over my dead body. 
  • Tropical oils (coconut oil, palm oil) - I don't use. 
Foods High in Trans Fat: 
  • Fried foods - I try to limit anyway. Air Fryer
  • Baked goods (cookies, cakes) - can look up healthier recipes 
  • Processed foods (instant noodles, frozen meals) - check trans fat levels. 

Foods High in Cholesterol: 

  • Egg yolks -- I am giving up eggs anyway. 
  • Shellfish (shrimp, lobster) -- over my dead body.  Just limit how many I eat and what sides i use. 
  • Liver

Other Foods to Consider: 

  • Sugary drinks -- I try to stick with diet sodas. 
  • Refined carbohydrates (white bread, white rice) -- wheat, rice blends, etc. 
  • Alcohol - Moderation and type

No comments:

Post a Comment