Wednesday, October 26, 2022

I release myself

from instagram:

*image that reads: I release myself from the versions of me that I created to survive*


More #reflection posts lol. I was talking with my therapist the other day about this very thing. How as a survival mechanism I am #hypervigilant about social standing & pecking order, & usually I place myself towards the bottom. Taking up as little space as possible. Being meek & small, muting my energy. So predators don’t notice me & protectors step in when needed. I energetically castrated myself, bcuz I began to believe myself to be as small & weak as I pretended to be. I either had to be hard & brutal or small & meek. I can be both. I can be loud. I can take up space. I don’t have to apologize for existing. I don’t have to water myself down for others, my worth is not defined by how much service I can provide to the people around me. #iamenough . I am #vibrant … & I can #forgivemyself for how I learned to survive & realize that I can let that go. I can stand out & May my vibrancy become my #aposematism



No comments:

Post a Comment