Tuesday, April 4, 2023

What happened with tyler told via diologue - TW: assault

 "what happened?" he asked, his voice low and measured. 

"Why is that any of your business?" she hissed in response, resisting the urge to shut her eyes and scream as her mind threatened to take her back. It had taken a single look at that man's face for her to be transported back to his common room, her mind clouded with drunken confusion as she felt his hands go up her skirts.

"I know that look." His words sounded angry to her ears, a panic beginning to rise at the very thought. She didn't want to relive it, but just as she had in the moment, her panic led her to fawn. Color flooded her cheeks when he followed with, "How bad?"

She could not force herself to meet his eyes, so she turned to the side, staring out past the torches down the hall. She held her head high and forced the words out. 

"Not as bad as it could have been. I was lucky.  He was adamant that he wanted to show me something before I left. I was scared to refuse him. He pinned me to a wall...and he...  He couldn't get it up enough to get it in, but that didn't mean he didn't try. He even tried to pry me open with his hand and force himself in with the other. When that failed, in his drunken stupor he couldn't think of another method and got off of me. I left quickly after that and burned the even from my memory." Her words were sharp, she forced herself to breathe in through her nose. Breathe. Speak. Breathe. Speak. 

"How long did that last?" His words were softer this time, her gut twisted at the idea of him pitying her. 

"I made myself ignorant for about a month before the nightmares and anxiety attacks forced my mind to relinquish the memory." She sniffed, refusing to shed tears in-front of him. Anger bubbled up her throat as she finally faced him, she willed as much venom into her words as she could muster. "Now tell me, sir, why that was any of your business to know?"

To her surprise, though she dare not show it, there was no pity in his eyes when she met them. There was anger, but it was guarded. There was.. pride? But it was a soft sense of pride, she almost would have said it was admiration if she hadn't know better. 

"So I know how much to make him suffer when I kill him." He answered, his tone forcefully casual as he straightened from his lean on the wall, uncrossing his arms. For a moment she thought he would reach out to her but thought better of it. A small part of her wished he would, wanting the comfort. But the rest of her would have tried to bite him. 

"I would say to rob him of his manhood, but he is no man." She spat and turned away, walking down the hall towards her chambers. She wasn't sure how she felt about Tyler's impending doom, she had always been more angry with herself over what happened than with him. She didn't rejoice in the knowledge that he was a dead man walking, but she did not pity the fate he would befall once the blood prince had him alone in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment