Sunday, October 26, 2014

creeped out

so...tonight at work..

well let me start off saying that i have regular customers. 2 of which are really sweet older gentlemen.... who always seem to be drunk (slurred speech, smell of beer, etc). They are friendly and harmless.

well tonight i was bringing in buggies from the parking lot when i saw them. I had been talking to one of the janitors of my store, who was walking away at the time when i saw them, and for some reason i felt... not that i was in danger... but i didn't want to be alone until the 2 men were gone, so i called him back. When they were all the way down the other side of the parking lot, i thanked him and he headed back inside.

so i continue to get some buggies and right as i was putting the 2 i had gotten with 2 others i had set aside, the 2 men were back. They came up from behind me, offering to take the carts for me. the taller one grabbed the side of my buggies while the shorter one stayed behind/beside me with his hand on my back.

they were too close. he was touching me. there was no one else in the parking lot that i could see. i got scared. I refused to stop and let them take my buggies and i walked as fast and forceful as i could to the store; then i went straight to one of the male casheirs and told him what had happened. i was freaked out.


now... i probably overreacted. maybe they just wanted to help me put the buggies inside, because well... i'm small and maybe it looked like i was struggling. but....he touched me. had his hand on my back. they werte too close. i felt trapped. cornered.

i was still freaked out when i left the store an hour later.
still moderately freaked when i was home.

nothing happened but i had red flags going off in my mind.
i was creeped out by the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment