Thursday, March 21, 2019

MBA

So i don't need to get a masters in accounting unless i want to be a CPA...which I dont. Mrs heather called in Dr. Pratti who works in the business college and he helped me figure out:

I need to get a MBA and use all my electives to get a certificate in finance.

I need to email Paul Russel and say that Robert PRatti is a friend of mine and suggested that i meet with him...

thats who i will talk to about maybe not having to take the GMAT and special adding me in just on my GPA and Resume (which I need to Print off)

OKAY so the base of the MBA is 45 credits; 54 is the maximum needed however if I tack on the Masters certificate in finance that bumps me up to 57. and it all can be done online!!!

looks like unlike sociology its not a once a week thing, it will be every day for an  hour type thing more similar to undergrad.... if i don't do it online. Honestly think I should do a combo of both so that going to campus i can stay motivated and not give in to leisure activities while at home. Or i can make myself go to the library from a certain time to almost work time.

Classes needed for the MBA
*there is a rule about electives but  I want to swap electives out for gaining the certificate

ACCT 6241 - Financial and Managerial Accounting (wish i could take basic accounting but whatevs)
FINA 6144 - Financial Management I
FINA 6204 - Analysis of the Business Economic Environment
FINA 6214 - Government Regulation of Business
MGMT 6102 - Comparative Management
MKTG 6162 - Marketing Management
OMGT 6123 - Quantitative Methods

ACCT 6521 - Accounting for Decision Making
FINA 6604 - Financial Management II
MGMT 6722 - Strategic Management
MGMT 6802 - Organizational Behavior
MIS 6713 - Delivering Business Value through Information Systems
MKTG 6822 - Marketing Strategy
OMGT 6213 - Operations and Supply Chain Management
OMGT 6613 - Management Science


the Masters Certificate in Finance:
FINA 6624 Investment Management - take in summer 1

choose three electives from
FINA 6654 Commercial Bank Financial Management
FINA 6814 Management of Financial Risk
FINA 6824 Portfolio Theory, Construction and Management
FINA 6854 Real Estate Investments and Analysis
FINA 6874 Topics in Finance
FINA 6876 International Financial Management --> summer 1
FINA 6914 Portfolio Management and Operations Practicum --> hands on learning

when it offered:
Fall – FINA 6624, 6824 and 6876
Spring – FINA 6624, 6874 (typically Derivatives) and 6914 – 6914 will be F2F only???
Summer I – FINA 6876
Summer II – FINA 6874 (typically Financial Markets & Inst)

hm. gatta ask about when which electives are offered....

okay so 57 credits.

57/4 semesters...19.

I have to see about summer classes.

In meeting:
-bring resume (ass GPA to it)
- ask about the GMAT test, mention how ive taken the practice on and after studying a bit i'm waiting to take the actual one after pay day.
- ask about summer classes for the certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment