Monday, August 10, 2020

Triskele

So it has been motioned that I no longer wear my faerie star necklace by Brigid. I had come to almost define myself by the symbol and in a way I have been limiting myself by basing my spiritual identity just on being fae. It is not the only thing that I am nor is it the only thing I want to be known for. 


I was leaning too heavily on the fact of what I WAS/am on a soul level, and not investing enough in what I am/will be in this life. In this life it is my purpose to heal others, to aid them in transitional periods, and to help be a light to other non-human souls as they discover what they are and how to navigate living in two worlds like I do. 

I am now wearing a Triskele necklace in place of my faerie star. 
It makes sense....
Mind-Body-Spirit
Maiden-Mother/Warrior - Crone (the cycle that we women go through in life)
Brigid: Healer (midwife, children) - Bard (knowledge, inspiration) - Fire (forge, creation, harth)

it is one of the sacred symbols of Brigid (and some other goddesses) and out of all her symbols it is actually my favorite. I used to try this symbol all the time when I was younger, just doodling. 

I am by no means letting go and forgetting where I come from and what I am, but I am changing my focus. My end goal is the same; to be a faerie shaman/healer. But now I need to shift my focus to the healer aspect and develop that more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment