Thursday, July 3, 2014

pirates and goddesses

okay...so i'm starting to think i wouldn't hate staying at ECU ...

the Anthropology professor i met up with, my academic adviser, is a cultural anthropologist who specializes in religious cultural anthropology... EXACTLY LIKE I WANT TO.

and?
he is a "goddess worshiper"....what?....how...amazing....is....THAT!! <3

he prays to a Tibetan Buddhist goddess named Tara... he has seen her in dreams and visions and just... <3 <3 <3 <3

he told me after......

i walked into the anthropology library and instantly a small statue of a cat caught my eye. i walked closer and instantly recognized my matron goddess. "Is that Bast!?" i ask the professor, my heart beating and my eyes almost about to fill with tears. seeing such an older and possibly hand made statue of her moving me. He confirms what i already know. I resisted the strong urge to bow to the statue, i look at him and bite my lip. "May i confide in you?" He nods and i say "I pray to Bast." he smiles....

and he told me about the goddess Tara!

he is so nice and patient and sweet.... i adore him!!!

and if i could ever LEARN THE DAMN SCHOOL.... and not get lost.... i think i'll be fine :)
i know exactly where 2 out of 3 of the buildings i'll be studying in are..... right next to eachother xD

and one of those 2? is the one i had my writing camp in years ago!

i made 2 friends  over the past 2 days. a possible mentor.

...

yeah this doesn't seem too bad. ;)


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I hope ECU will soon feel like home!

    ReplyDelete