Sunday, January 15, 2017

short story

So... I wrote a short story for my advanced fiction class..... and its very depressing. Its about young man who deals with the death of his twin. its a braided/juggling format that goes back and forth from memory and the present.

it ends hopeful, with the main character meeting his nephew who looks just like the dead brother. and for the first time in 6 months he actually speaks... finding a new reason to live and a piece of his brother.

so it ends hopeful, but is still a really sad story all together.

and i was hoping it would make people cry...

it did. It made my friend maggie ball - as she said "openly weep".

it made my mom tear up.

which makes me feel awesome about my writing...

we'll see how it plays out in the writing workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment