Monday, May 14, 2018

Support

So... I’ve come to realize that my circle of support is quite small as of late.

But at least I know Jimmie supports me.

He probably couldn’t care less about all the research I do in my free time; be it about apartments or random topics... or grad schools.

But he listens anyway.  He doesn’t get annoyed like he does with others (or if he does, he doesn’t show it).

I told him about how I finally finished with the database and had emailed all the possible schools...

And I just expected him to say “cool” but instead he said “good job.”

And it’s just really nice to hear that sometimes...

Even if it’s something he doesn’t care about, he knew I put in effort and he encouraged me.

Sometimes it’s not the quantity of support but the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment