Friday, February 22, 2019

words of a stranger. (poem)

I am moved by the words of a stranger,
one who so clearly saw me better than I myself could whilst looking in a mirror.
Those things about myself which hide under pounds of flesh I could not see past,
shined clearly in the eyes of another.

I am moved by the words of a stranger,
whose smile was warm and almost unconditionally loving.
He spoke with a voice that hugged the soul and words that encouraged flight,
his words carried a truth i longed to hear.

I am moved by the words of a stranger,
who so clearly stated something he deemed trivial in passing
but whose words spoke to and eased my heart in a way he could never understand.
"There is something magic about you."

I am moved by the words of a stranger,
With six words he reassured me of my biggest fear, made me feel the love of the universe again.
I am reminded of a truth I thought I had lost,
all the while it had not lost me.

I am moved by the words of a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment