Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Sorrow and Rage

 Lex's mother has been murdered. 

It wasn't out of the blue.
It wasn't random. 
It could have been prevented. 

Her Landlord has a son who recently was released for rape. 
He took an interest in Lexi's mom and began to harass her. 
Then he started threatening her and her daughter that was still living with her because she wouldn't give him attention or meet up with him. - she had proof of that. 
She went to her landlord for help and they told her to just do what he wanted. - she had proof of that. 
She went to the police for help and they turned her away saying there was nothing she could do. 
She went to the magistrate to try to get a restraining order. 
She did everything she was suppose to. 

He killed her last night with her daughter locked in the bathroom calling 911. 

As a friend I am full of sorrow at the loss my friend is going through. I am helpless in that there is nothing I can do but love her through this. 
As a daughter I am horrified for the children she leaves behind. 
As a sister my heart shattered when I learned the daughter who was there didn't find out until today that her mom died from the shot. 
As a woman I am enraged that in our justice system this was able to happen. 

she did everything she was suppose to. 
She was killed because no one would do anything. 

Domestic Violence and Harassment victims are turned away... and then when they are murdered suddenly "if only she had done this..." She did. 

Fucking useless. The justice system is fucking useless. 
No one is going to help you when the time comes. 
I need to get a gun. A bat. Something. 

I need to be ready. 

I hope her murderer, who tried to blow his brains out when the police FINALLY arrived, lies and makes it through. I hope he is in severe pain the rest of his miserable life. I hope he rots in a cell and is beaten daily. 

I hope the landlords are arrested and charged as well. 
I hope the police who turned her away lose their jobs. 

I wish them all the suffering that they have caused. 

I am full of rage and sorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment