Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Budgeting updated and its not good.

 Okay so I have 3 big expenses that I am going to need that I need to budget for. Any monthly bonus pay i get must go towards my savings account for emergencies. Not these expenses.

1) Starting in January I'll be  the monthly cost of the bardic training program  - $25 a month. If I can swing it sooner I would love that but January 1st is my goal; for the new year I will officially begin druid/bardic spiritual training. This is non-negotiable. ONE reading a month will cover this.  or 2 at a ridiculously low cost. 

2) Frontier Flight pass - fly unlimited times and only pay for baggage - $2K upfront. Lasts Aprill 11 to May 2nd. - however flights have to be booked the day before... any earlier and theres a $40 fee. and no guarantee you can get the flight if you do wait for the $1 flight. oof. but then I can fly back to NC once a month and perform; which can get me 50-100$. The max I could put towards this a month is $25... This is less urgent although the crippling loneliness from missing my friends is definitely contributing to my mental health spiral. Not to mention I am teetering on the idea of a long distance relationship with a marine who lives in NC....

3) Snow tires.... OI I FOUND SOME FINALLY

MICHELIN X-ICE SNOW SUV - 225/65R17 106T XL 

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-x-ice-snow-suv/p/89216

- about $850 for all 4. and includes installation. I need to do this during november. this takes priority.... offers a 5% discount for veterans. I can give Otis the money if he buys them for me... making them....closer to $625

at the END of november I get a bonus. so I could dip into savings for the tires and reimburse myself from that. The rest goes towards my credit cards. 


-------------------------

My christmas bonus is $1000. there was no bonus pay in october and i don't think november is looking optimistic.


Looking at my monthly expenses again:

income: $3087

$1250 rent and utilities

$271 loan

$80 (30, 25, 25) credit 


$35 payment for flight up there to look at apartments.

$60 Joint membership - chiropractor - that can't go. quality of life. this is health care for chronic pain.

$235 car payment - its debt but also equity so not bold. 

$100 insurance 

$30 internet (spectrum)

$285 health insurance through marketplace

$170 student loans 

$200 groceries - need to be very cautious with this. I cannot go over like last month. no more baking.

$90 pets

$20 10 subscriptions ($9 hulu, $7 pandora, $1 cloud space) - I have to cancel my pandora.

$10 humu medicine ($20 every other month)

$160 gas (might have to ask mom for a little help for when I drive to come see her.. only like $10)

$75 savings -- on months where I don't make bonus pay
$25 spiritual work book subscription --> a single reading a month would cover this. Just one. 
$25 flight pass --- this is the only one I would pass on if i had to. 
-------------------------------

I'm in the negative. 


Math for pets:

34 lb weight watcher blue buffalo last 3 months ($65)  = 22

Dehydrated food (55 last 5 mo)   - 11

wet cat food monthly 25

dry cat food $20 for 2 months = 10

Greenies 32 for 4 months  (if snow doesn't get into them and eat them ALL AT ONCE= $8

Meaty bones = $20 (2 months) = 10

----------------------------------

86... round to 90


As is I can't afford to give snow flea and tick meds every month. 

I can't afford therapy. 


I can transfer my sams club credit card into my lowest APR USAA credit card to lower my CC payments per month by a little.  Looking into a consolidation program too. Just to see if I can find anything with a APR at 18 or lower so I can lower my interest rate each month ergo lowering my monthly cost. 

I only eat one meal a day. I should be able to stay in the $200 range or less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment