Friday, September 5, 2014

walk through life (original slam poem)

One step at a time we walk the mile,
a hopeful child,
mind running wild. Till each step grows heavy
and breaths unsteady,
and for a minute i want to stop.

-breath/pause-

Breathe. Take a break. Ease the pain in my chest.
But my feet keep moving,
painful step by step
and my shirt is wet
from the tears that i've wept.
I'm alone on the road that goes on for miles,
my mind is beguiled,
as i cry I'M DYING.

I've gone far enough,
i'm done trying.

-breath/pause-

But my feet keep moving,
painful step by step
and my shirt is wet
from the pain that i've wept
I am no lnger a child
my mind is cynical and in my heart bitterness runs wild;
all the pain i've felt all alone,
as i roam, as i roam,
until i see a child.

He's Panting, out of breath,
his shirt is damp and his face is wet,
i see tears forming in his eyes,
and to my own surprise?
i reach out and touch him.

-breath/pause-

I give hime the smile,
the one i longed to see
all the while,
when this boy was me.
This is the moment my heart was set FREE
from the pain and the bitterness.
at this moment- i am again. me.

breathe/pause

So together we walk,
determined step after step
and our shirts are wet
from our dripping sweat
but together we go
painful strife after strife,
no longer alone
in this walk through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment