Friday, October 9, 2015

Faerie Faith

I am a firm believer in faeries.
This used to be something i was slightly embarrassed about and didn't really go around advertising.
now?
HEY GUYS I LOVE FAERIES. FAERIE FRIEND <- RIGHT HERE.

i am unashamed. Its something i have a passion about.
Learning about them from cultures all over the world puts my spirit on cloud nine.
Just talking about them puts a light in my eye and a fire in my heart.

why should i be ashamed of something that brings me so much joy?
i shouldn't.

My past life aside, faerie lore is a passion.
No one should ever feel ashamed or embarrassed for their passion.

I'm learning to embrace my passion, its who i am. What is life without passion? Without learning?

i refuse to hide my faerie faith.

it makes up a big part of who i am and i am finding out, as i write this paper, that i am not only unashamed of it, but i am proud of my love of faeries.

And the more sure i am in this faith, the more experiences i have with them,


  • They were some of the first people to comfort me when my heart truly broke for the first time. 
  • they come check on me when i'm falling asleep.
  • They beckon me to come see them in the woods in my neighborhood, although i have yet to develop the courage to come when they call. 
  • at least on one occasion i've had one accompany me on a walk through the neighborhood in the form of a firefly. (how do i know it was a faerie? It stayed beside me the entire time, alnost in a straight line, and only when i was surrounded by a lot of metal - a bunch of trailers and cars- did it leave me. It came directly from the area of trees i had talked to and i never saw it fly away...it simply disappeared.)
  • i've had numerous experiences with the house faeries. NUMEROUS.... one of which included an audible sound (i closed one in the door and it screamed. i thought i had shut a cat in the door but when i opened the door - i saw nothing. when i went to shut the door again, something physiclally stopped the door.)

My faerie faith is strong. They know this and so they interact with me (not often, but they do).

I am unashamed  and i am honest about my faith. I love them and i respect them. 
in no way does my belief in them harm me, just the opposite. it enriches my life - is that not the purpose of a faith? 


No comments:

Post a Comment