Sunday, July 28, 2019

Our songs...

Today music has ruined my mood.

I went and visited with my mom and somehow we wound up listening to songs that applied to my break up with Jimmie. Mostly from my POV, which got me crying.
But we came across one by accident while looking up a bunch of songs by a particular artist that describes how Jimmie had said he left/feels.

Half a man by Dean Lewis.

But how am I supposed to love you
When I don't love who I am?
And how can I give you all of me
When I'm only half a man?
'Cause I'm a sinking ship that's burning
So let go of my hand
Oh, how can I give you all of me
When I'm only half a man?”

So that also got me sad, but kind of happy there was a song out there that could kind of represent Jimmie and how he feels right now. Or at least how I think he feels based on how he explained things. 
BUT 
Then I also just found out that our song? “If I could put time in a bottle”
The song he use to sing to me?The song lyrics I was going to use to propose to him when he graduated?
Was the same couple song he had with Amy.
I don’t know why that hurts but it does. Makes the song lose value? Makes me feel like... maybe I was just a rebound. His feels for me was just a transference of residual love for Amy.. wasn’t genuine and that’s why he really wanted to break up.  Because no one expects their rebound to last and maybe our relationship lasted longer than he wanted. 

Pretty much took an already dark and sad mood and just sent me spiraling even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment