Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sweet words are just words. (poem)

your sweet words numb the pain
that i know will soon overpower me.
your warm touch, your bold embrace
shield me from the avalanche and makes me feel safe...
a false sense of security.

but we part ways every time;
the protective barriers fall away,
and i'm left to swim in the abyss of knowing
that its all coming to an end
- everything ends anyway.

I've tasted hope and I've let in doubt
wanting to believe the words you say
but what i know steals any amount
of faith that could be tempted to stay.
Your sweet words are just words.

When i'm gone and the room is empty,
for a short time you may miss my company.
Your life will resume and carry on in its complexity
and your world will continue to spin.
Your absence will scream in my ears.

"I let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"
I always felt that i loved others more than they loved me
but after a year and a half  with you, trust blossomed and the fear stopped.
So then, did our relationship.

There are kind words and good intentions,
there are unspoken truths and cold realities.
whichever comes to pass I hold no resentment.
What is meant to be will always be...
and it seems for you that wasn't me.

My love for you flows from my eyes every night,
Your warm arms holds it at bay for a time,
but i dread the day when I say goodbye
because I know from your heart I will fade away.
I wonder how long will you haunt mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment