Thursday, November 14, 2013

Competition jitters

ok so today is the day of the Shakespeare competition. Every contestant in the school is given a monologue to memorize and perform. i FINALLY have mine memorized...barely... and i just need to smooth out my stage directions and ques. i am reciting a monologue done by Desdemona in "Othello".

so here it goes:

*sigh* Alas Iago!
what shall i do to win my lord again?
good friend, go to him, for by this light of heaven,
i know not how i lost him.
here i kneel *kneel* if e'er my will did trespass 'gainst his love,
*stand and start to pace*
or that mine eyes, mine ears, or any sense delighted them in any other form...
or that i do not yet and ever did?
and ever will- *cry voice starts* though he do shake me off to beggarly divorcement - love him dearly.
comfort forswear me! *cry voice starts to fade as i say:* unkindness may do much,
*look down* and his unkindness may defeat my life, *firmly* but never taint my love.
*cry-ish desperation* I cannot say "whore":
*angrily* it does abhor me now i say the word!
*pitch starts to raise after the word "that"*
to do the action that might the addition earn? <-- pitch peaks
*breath- calmly* Not the world mass of vanity could make me. < -- firm cry voice.


- remember: Desdemona is shocked, hurt, confused....
- fo cry voice channel: jake....dumping me out of no where.


connect to Desdemona. she was happy and all of a sudden the one she loves turns aginst her. just as jake did.

No comments:

Post a Comment