Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sexual harassment

So there is a particular customer that likes to make sexual comments at me. Usually when I'm alone in the parking lot. 

But today it was in the store. The last 2 times he came in he was well behaved because the time before that he was reaching for a basket I was holding only it looked like he was reaching for my ass.

Today he apologized for the third time and assured me that he would never touch me that way. Then when I started to walk away, HE GRABBED MY WRIST and pulled my back. Kept ahold of my wrist until he commented how nice it would feel to grab my ass, (not his exact words) even if he would never actually do it.


It took every ounce of will power to walk away without going off on him.

By touching me he crossed s line. What he said is mild compared to some things he has said before.

I didn't know what I was more angry at. Him for doing it or me for allowing it. I should have said something. I'm ashamed that I didn't say anything.

And now I'm determined: the next time I see him I will give him a warning. If he ever says another inappropriate thing to me I will have him banned from the store.
If he ever touches me again? Sexual or non (grabbing my wrist for example) I will press charges of the sexual harassment.

I am fed up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment