Thursday, September 17, 2015

incarnations

So we talked about incarnations in Anthropology of Religion yesterday and i came up woth my own theory about it.


and incarnation is a human version of a deity or spirit on earth.

such as Jesus (Christian) or Rama (Hindu).

Jesus was not aware that he was God, he simply saw himself as the son of God and as a prophet/servant. which poses the question: does a incarnation have 2 natures - a human one and a divine one? two souls? What happens to the other nature/soul while the divine is in control?

Rama was aware that he was a Deity, he simply looked and acted like a human. So can a god/spirit simply create a body as needed for as long as needed while he/she is on earth? (i think the answer to that is yes... just saying)


me theory: 2 different souls. one body. I feel that the incarnation is actually a vessel until the divine being enters it. Once the divine entity is in control the vessel becomes a incarnation, the vessel's soul simply sits in the background so to speak.

as far as reincarnated holy spirits, such as the Buddhist tolkus, then there is simply one spirit and one body, an incarnation - no vessel needed.

thats my theory at least.

and the vessel doesn't have to be human. I know that Bastet sometimes enters into my cat Bia. I think that sometimes SG enters into my familiar.

so the vessel needn't be human, but most often in order to speak i believe the vessel is human. The vessel may not realize they are a vessel, but the incarnation is aware of what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment