Wednesday, September 9, 2015

short story class

so i made it clear that i didn't like my short story class.... well its grown on me quickly and i'm actually really enjoying it.

its a discussion based and there really sin't that much paperwork now that i have the book.....

i even find myself looking forward to this class.

here the thing:

in discussion based stuff.... i participate. actively.

and just like in highschool...there are people that resent that.

we were in groups today vs a whole class discussion and i said that although i liked the groups i felt that it lacked the variety that the whole class brought. The girl next to me said "Well the same few people do all the talking so its not like there is much variety" she looked right at me. 

i felt like i was an inch tall.

but when i was talking with the professor and she asked wy i didn't say somethign (i had somethign to add to the discussion but didn't so i was getting her opinion on the idea) i told her what the girl said.

she apologized to me. what?? She said that she delt with the same thing in highschool and not to take it to heart.

"those who don't participate, and then resent those who do participate aren't being fair"

i agree.

if you have something to say, RAISE YOUR HAND.

who are you to make me feel guilty for actively engaging in class? i'm not stopping you from raising your hand!

i have a right to participate - i'm paying for it.

so i know i shouldn't listen to that girl... i just hate the feeling of someone resenting me.


but i will not let this get me down. i am paying for the class, i can participate as much as i want.  if she has a problem with it, she can raise her friggin hand.


^ notice the grandiose  language? yeah i'm not that confident... i feel like curling into a ball and hiding.

i shouldn't let it bother me, but its just like highschool. why is it such a bad thing to be a good student?? participation is a grade!


ugh. i'll get over this feeling soon...

i just need to get over it. i did in highschool, and graduated 10th in my class. so..

yeah.


i'll do me and she can do her.

No comments:

Post a Comment