Monday, December 28, 2020

happy holidays

 Christmas was hard. 

I realized just how alone I was for the holidays and I was filled with an intense sense of homesickness and missing my mom. I did see Amy and Aaron for a brief walk, and Viking Man came over to watch a movie and have dinner... but for 90% of the day I was alone and crying. Triggered a depressive episode that I am still dealing with. 

I don't think New Years is going to bother me as much. 
Valentine's day is in the air because I'll either see about finding some single's parties, go out with Cara, or go stay with Dalton that weekend because he is renting out a cabin for his birthday. 

There really aren't any big holidays that we made a big deal about at home other than halloween,  thanksgiving, and christmas. So hopefully I won't have a hard time for a while. 

I did get to spend the solstice with a friend; had drinks, dinner, and watched my favorite movie. Nothing special or festive, but at least I wasn't alone. 

I hope anyone reading this enjoyed their holidays more than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment