Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Vertigo

Vertigo


Okay so I decided that I would blog more often... I figured I should wait until I have more answers, but why not... here goes:

I learned something yesterday.

So.... I get vertigo. like often.... i'm talking 3 times a week minimum. 
Usually it's mild and lasts less than an hour, so I don't really think anything of it. 
If it lasts less than 30 minutes I oftentimes won't even remember it happened, I've become so used to it. 

well. apparently.... that's not normal?

Over the past week at least, my vertigo has been flaring up. Like... on a scale of 1-10 with the strength of the dizziness It usually stays 1-3 most days, sometimes a 4. Last week I had 4's, a 5, and sunday night I was at a 7 which kept me in bed.  Anything over a 5 is very rare. At 8 I shouldn't drive, I need help walking just because I'm so dizzy. 

The highest I have ever been is like an 8.

so. 

Vertigo.

80% of causes have to do with the inner ear or fluid buildup in the ear. Inner ear issues present in physical balance issues, eye movement, pressure or fullness in the ears, and possible hearing issues. I have none of these. 

There is no fluid buildup in my ears - which is what happened the last time I went to the doctor about my vertigo. 

My ears are fine. 

Which means if my blood work for lyme disease, and rocky mountain fever come back negative.... which they will... I will need to get a brain scan. While 80% of vertigo issues involve the ears... the other 20% involve something neurological. However! Like with my heart palpitations, sometimes it happens and no cause can be found.

Chances are this is more likely. Wouldn't be the first time I had a fluke health issue and it probably won't be the last. 

but. I am glad I went to the doctor. Right before the levl 7 episode hit one of my host of friends sent an oracle card warning about focusing on health.. and then about 10 minutes after the reading the vertigo started. An episode started yesterday around 8:45am and didn't fully end until I went to sleep. It has resumed this morning. 

While this has been the longest episode I've had, it is MILD. while it does make me feel motion sick. experience a tilting sensation, and adding an uncomfortable pressure to my head - I can easily function through it. 

I can function through 90% of my vertigo episodes... which is why I didn't think anything of them.
and now i'm not sure what to do. 

There's no point in worrying until I have a specific reason to worry. But I'm ready for this episode to end because I'm tired of being uncomfortable. It lasted ALL of yesterday... Hot drinks provide comfort for a short while but the only thing that helped it for more than a minute was when I smoked the CBD plant. 

Thankfully Anna got me plenty of it for a housewarming present. I'll smoke some when I get off work, since it's at Viking Man's place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment