Thursday, December 17, 2020

Out West

Okay, so I know I want to leave NC in 2022. 


I was thinking Tacoma, WA but I am concerned about the weather and my dependence on sunlight. I mean, the worst case scenario is I move out there and hate it, sell everything, and come back to NC to regroup. It's not like I am going to be buying a house. 

So. Its time to redo my state comparison, Look into average temperatures, and do a better research job to consider where I might move. 

I found a more reliable website for cost of living and living wage calculations.... and i am quite surprised. I could actually afford to move to almost any state... based off the living wage needed for a single working adult with no children. like... even california is do-able as long as it's just me. 


I then have the low/average salary for 3 different possible jobs I may have. 
I have whether it's a red or blue state. 
I have average temperatures for summer and winter. 
using that I whittled a few states out. 

then I took this quiz:


and compared it to the state sleft after I gathered my data.

Washington (97%) - Tacoma Area 
Oregon (95%)
California (91%) --->  Sacramento Area (Woodland, Davis, Fairfield, Vacaville, Yuba City)
-------------------------

For Comparison: gvill: rent: 799, B+ niche, liberal, 91-93,000 - lots of parks

(Apex = 53,000 Jacksonville = 70,000 Gville = 93,000)
Yuba - rent:987, moderate , A+ niche , Jacksonville Size - lots of parks
Woodland - rent:1139 , liberal, B- niche , Apex size - lots of parks ****
Davis - rent: 1455, Liberal,  A+ niche, Jacksonville Size - lots of coffee shops and parks***
Fairfield - rent:1510, Liberal, B- niche, little bigger than Greenville - lots of parks
Vacaville - rent:1557, liberal, B niche, about the size of greenville -  lots of parks


Bruh. I didn't think it would be... but California is actually super doable.... I chose Washington because I didn't think I could do California. 

Washington and California are even for me... one will have dreaded low temperature and the other will have dreaded high temperatures. Both will have rain, although California will have more sun....

I would rather sweat than shiver plus I can go swimming in nearby rivers, lakes, and creeks. Or pay the tolls and drive the 2 hours to the coast. 
I might move to California. 



---------------------------
Virginia (87%)
South Carolina (82%)
Texas (80%)
Florida (72%)

No comments:

Post a Comment