Wednesday, January 6, 2016

where dreams began..... (short story? novel? who knows i'm going with it) Part 1?

I smiled as i awoke. Out of the numb darkness came a warmth and pleasantness that settles around me. I felt his arms tighten around my torso and felt the curtains of his golden hair caress my face as he leaned over me.

"good morning princess..." his lips murmured against my forehead. I scrunched my nose at him.
"You know i hate it when you call me that." I didn't. I loved it. Which he knew. His chuckle was such a beautiful sound that i opened my eyes to see him....

but all i saw was my room. The ghost of his laugh leaving my ears i struggled to sit up. My alarm clock read 6:40. five minute till it started screaming. I debated trying to sleep that last 5 minutes to reclaim my sweet dream but knew it was too late. It was very rare to dream about him... my faceless knight. At least i liked to think of him as a Knight. Or a prince. He had only come to me in glimpses in dreams. I closed my eyes despite the awareness that being awake brought.

The Golden wheat colored hair that ran like rivers down his shoulders. his pointed ears that peaked out through the golden curtains. The strength in his arms, which had lean muscles, but defined. I could only imagine that the rest of his body looked the same. I could never keep the memory of his voice alive, but i could recall his scent in detail. It was natural and comforting. But sweet. The closest i had ever come to it was smelling wild honeysuckle in the woods after a rainstorm. I knew he was beautiful, ebe without ever seeing his face. An he loved to laugh...

screaming. Ah yes. The alarm clock,

Groaning i smashed the button to silence the dreaded machine and forced myself out of bed. I usually dressed in bright colors but after dreaming about my elven prince i was in the mood for earthy tones. I decided to wear a tie-dyed green flowy skirt and a tight brown tank top. Naturally, i went with flip flops. My hair? being in a short pixie cut made it convenient. when it became obvious that the brush was no match for my bed head i deiced to add a little moose and blow-dry it. perfect head-out-the-window look. Just my style.

I made my way through the house as quiet as possible, grabbing my purse and my car keys and tip toes to the dor as best as i could. My mom had another hour to sleep before she had to head off to work and i really didn't want to wake her up.

Outside it was freezing. The sun wasn't up yet, although it would be soon. I climbed into my car and as i cranked it remembered the volume level it was set on the night before. With wicked fast reflexes i hit the mute button before my eardrums could be sacrificed to the music gods. letting out a sigh of releif i turned to the opera CD i made and slowly increased the volume. I couldn't help but sing along to the sweet voice of Hayeley Westrena. There was something so pure about it. Naturally  i went for the high notes, and to my surprise i didn't crack the glass windows.

It was an hour long drive to campus which allowed me time to slowly wake up and greet the day. My favorite part was seeing the sun rise beside me as i drove; as the light filled my car so did positive energy, Energy that i could sit and absorb for a full hour before coming into contact with other people and their bullshit.

I smiled when i felt the first warm rays hit my face. It was convenient that it was to my side rather than in front of me. That way i could enjoy the sunrise without being blinded. Not that it would be that bad.... the long road from home to campus was pretty much deserted until around 8. As per usual about half way there i stopped at the friendliest gas station i knew. And i mean that sarcastically.

"Hey Dmitri!" i said brightly to the young russian man behind the counter. Dmitri is.....an acquired taste. Just like his coffee. I swear the man put magic in it. He was a very pleasant fellow - to look at. He had the deep brown eyes and hair to match, which he usually wore in a ponytail or man-bun. Like a model on some romance novel cover he had the chiseled jaw and cheekbones that could make any girl swoon. He wouldn't even have to open his mouth to get a girls number.. which was a good thing because the second he did everyone would know how much of an ass he is.

He nodded a greeting as he watched me walk around the shop like a hawk. His gaze use to unnerve me, now i just found it amusing. I fixed myself a nice hot cup and made my way over to him and the register.

"see something you like?" i teased winking at him. He scoffed and took my coffeHe looked at the small cup in a mix of shock and what possibly could have been offense.
"You don't want much of my coffee?" he asked, his accent thick.
"I don't get payed till wedensday Dmitri, you know i love your coffee." I said handing him the little cash i had on me.

He smirked and said "yeah you do." and took the cash. Only when he handed me my change he also handed me a large empty cup. "Go get your fuckin' coffee, ребенок." I looked at him an smiled. As rough as he seemed, he only spoke russian to those he actually liked. Or who really pissed him off; although i had never seen it i had heard stories.

"what did you say?" i called behind me as i fixed the large cup. He always called me that although i had no idea what it meant. I was taking Spanish in school, not Russian.

No comments:

Post a Comment