Thursday, January 18, 2018

Not 100% sober lizard girl brain

So Jimmie and I call my insecure and slightly depressed thoughts “lizard girl brain”.

Well we’re drinking and talking and he’s having an introspective moment. A “how did I get here” look at the past year.

He lost his mom.
He lost his dog.
He lost his girlfriend - who he was going to marry.


He was prepared to devote the rest of his life to her.
Amy.

He was going to marry Amy.

How can I even think to compete with that.
I will never be Amy.

I will never be as beautiful as she is.
I won’t have her confidence.
I won’t have her natural talent.

He was going to marry her.

And he lost her.

And my lizard girl brain is telling I will never be enough to be more than just the rebound bandaid to fill the space.

I know that isn’t true.
But I also know Jimmie has a knack for telling people what they want to hear.

It’s just lizard girl brain.

On alcohol.

And several missed doses of medication.

It will pass.

But how long will these insecurities stay with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment