Thursday, August 8, 2013

i wish i had a me for me

(please excuse all the short hand words....)


i wish i had a me 4 me.
i listen to other ppl
tell me about there problems.
and i genuinely care!
self-image, self-asteem,
rumors, boys/girls, family, dreams.
i hear secrets and worries,
i'm told memories and storries.
but i myself am never heard.
They tell me whats bothering them,
but thats it.
to them thats all i am.
a rant room friend.
i don't get to say anything
that is bothering me.
when i try,
they brush me aside.
Do they even care?
I have worries and things
that i want 2 share!
I have worries and dreams,
i want to be heard too!
but i'm not!
Don't i count?
My feelings don't REALLY matter to them.
i'm just a tool,
i listen and nod,
i'm sopposed to care.
I DO!
but then they go
and i'm alone.
how is that fair?
I have a few friends
who where around when things happened.
but they were too cought up in thier own thoughts and dreams
to ask if i was OK.
Or to even notice i was hurthing.
No one heard me calling.
they talk and talk.
i listen and care.
But my eyes begin to glisten,
with unshed tears,
as i wonder when i'll be able to talk too.
i have emotions,
pent up feelings that want to be free.
But no one will listen when i want to talk.
thats why i neeed,
a me 4 me.

No comments:

Post a Comment