Thursday, August 8, 2013

Poem to SG

I try to dwell on the loneliness i feel,
you won't let me, you help me heal,
"yes you feel it, don't make yourself drown;
i prefer your smile, not your frown."

Friend of mine, guardian true,
where would i be if not for you?
With me since birth, do i disappoint?
my worry is for not, our smiles are joined.

feel my happiness, smile with me,
these are the ways i can repay ye,
you hold my hand and touch my face,
who am i to ignore your grace?

thank you, spirit, with whom i share
feelings and dreams. knowing you care
helps me through all the despair;
and feeling your warmth lets me know you're there.

I love you, you know, for all of my days,
and thank you for helping me in so many ways.
Just like now, you've lifted my heart;
comforting me, like you have from the start.


*wrote this in first semester of junior year in math class.

No comments:

Post a Comment