Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Lyzza death scene: The Cat and The Jackle pt1

"Anna hold on!" i said as i climbed into my car. I didn't buckle, i just put it in drive and hit the gass. I was super tense and i got tenser at every red light. Finally the light turned green and i took a breathe and went to go. i was half way through the intersection and all sound stopped. Instinctivley i looked to my left and saw the truck coming. It was twice as big as my little car and i didn't even have time to gasp.

I didn't know when the impact ended and the flipping of my car began but i was screaming as i felt my car flip off the road and then into a pole. I felt myself  fly from my car onto something hard. I hear car horns honking and people yelling and i couldn't think. My lungs burned, my body screamed in pain and my brain wouldn't focus. there were so many sounds and all so loud; i wanted to sigh with relief when they all blurred together and then slowly faded away. My eyes shut and all went black.

----- next chapter-----

It couldn't have been more than 30 seconds that i was out and when i felt my self come into consciousness i knew i was laying on my back. I couldn't breathe and my lungs still burned. The smell of gasoline was still fresh in my bloody nose.  When i remembered how to inhale i groaned in pain and sat up. I took another breathe, shallow to avoid the burning sensation, and realized the pain was gone. I went to inhale a deeper breath and let it out again - painless. I smiled and then froze. The pain was gone, noise was gone- i looked around- everything was gone except my flipped car. Everything was GONE. i was surrounded by white as far as the eye could see.

"i'm dead," i whispered. I died. The realization hit me and i laughed, No more pain and suffering and social stigmas and no more humanity and suffocation in my human body... But my euphoria was short lived. Anna. I would have no more Anna... Anna... Anna was in trouble. She was in trouble and i was dead.
"NOO!!!" i screamed in frustration. No one else knew where she was. No one else knew what happened! Anna!!! I screamed again in frustration. I looked at my ruined car, the metal bent and crumbled, glass everywhere my car door bent inward from impact and the windsheild shattered. No one was around so i started kicking and attacking the car to vent my frustration. I ended up stepping on a piece of glass that stabbed my foot and fell. I began to cry... Anna hold on.

No one was around to hear me cry, thankfully. Then again i froze as the scary thought repeated itself ni my mind. I was alone. Alone in death.
"No, no, no, no,no," i said my voice rising an entire octave with every word, "i'm not supposed to be alone! I'm not-" I began to panic when i felt him. I had only felt him three times before. I had felt him when my mom died. I felt him when i slapped him. And now i felt him as he came to take me to the otherworld.

Of coarse i had never seen him, not in his human form at least. He was tall and strong, and wore all black. I felt my eyes widen as he smiled. It was the same damn smile that Logan often gave me. A sexy half smile that was full of confidence to the point of arrogance. I sighed... Anubis, god of the dead and greeter of souls.
When he got close enough for me to see his eyes ten feet from me i stood up.

"Lyzza" he said kindly extending his hand. I wanted to take it so badly... i wanted to leave everything behind. I wanted to hug the god that scared me the most because he was going to take me away from everything that was slowly killing me on the inside. But i couldn't.

"No." i said quietly, tears filling my eyes. He lowered his hand and gave me a look i had seen before on Logan; the stop-being-stubborn-you-know-you-want-to look. I did want to. Badly. More than almost anything. Anna needs me I reminded myself. "This isn't right." i said trying to stall without using up his patients. I need time to figure out what to do. i don't have time for this, Anna hold on!

"what isn't right about this? Your car accident actually happened. Isn't that what you wanted to ask me four years ago? You wanted this happen did you not?" he said reminding me of the first time i ever thought about him. He was right again. But something was missing.

"Bast." i said answering him. Saying her name i hoped she would come. Judging by how quickly Anubis's smile disappeared i take it he knew she would come. I felt her next to me a second after i said her name. Warm and protective. If she was with me i knew i could get through this. I looked at her, she was beautiful and i knew that if i went back to the living i wouldn't remember how she looked. She smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. It was just as i remembered it from my dream, with nails long and filed to be claws.

"Hey dog-breath whats kickin'?" She said winking at me. I focus hard and sent her a prayer; I want to go with him, but Anna needs me more than i need this. I can always die another time. She looked at me and smiled.

"Dog breath? really?" Anubis said in annoyance. He turned from her to look at me and his voice lost its annoyance. I was surprised that he was being so patient, he must be very busy and here i was trying to get out of my death.

"Lyzza, Bast is here, now come on. Its  beautiful just like you always imagined." Again he extended his hand and i longed to run over and take it. Bast bent and whispered in my ear. I had to focus on what she said.

"Sweatheart think. What are you?" i purred the words and it soothed my longing. I was able to hold myself back from him. What am I? i thought. I saw flashes, memories, go before my eyes as Anubis slowly walked over to me. I was curling up in Anna's Lap. I was hissing at Logan. I was kneading Pyro's back. playing with Angel's ribbons in her hair. Purring as Logan sang me to sleep....

"I'm a cat." i said, a new feeling creeping inside of me. Power. And before i knew what happened I was part of Bast and she was Part of me. We looked at Anubis and smiled.

"Cheer up Do- my friend. You know you are secretly proud of her." We said winking.
"Cats have nine lives." we said and then all was black.

I screamed out in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment