Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Stuck part 2: Hung up

So... things with Viking boy are going well. He’s met most of my friends who give their approval.
He meets my mom on Sunday.

I’ve met his grandparents.

He’s charming, and cute, and he likes similar music. He’s a father who obviously loves his son and niece. He’s fun. He’s great. I was so gung-ho about him...

What is wrong with me? It’s like I plateaued.

I keep comparing things to jimmie... things I miss that he use to do in the relationship. Granted I havnt given Viking boy much time to emerge patterns and such that might sweep me off my feet.

But I miss jimmie. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t.
I like Viking boy. But I’m still hung up on my ex... and I think it’s preventing me from really opening up my heart to him.... mainly because someone else still has it.

I feel like I’m being unfair. Viking boy makes me smile and laugh. Makes me happy. I just need more time... he’s already introducing me as his girlfriend which... doesn’t bother me to be honest because I don’t really do dating without the labels. Sure it moved fast but it’s not like I was talking to anyone else really nor do I want to.

VB is great... but I’m still stuck.
I’m just not sad like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment