Monday, February 17, 2020

Awen (poem)

Awen


I open up my heart to you,
silver light streaming in
as soft as a cloud. 

a deep rooted heart beat
stirs my very soul
and inspires me to write. 

Faerie blessing, 
gift of the Sidhe, 
what will you bring?

Words that flow like a waterfall, 
silent as the stars,
as they look down beaming. 

You fill my veins and coarse through me,
causing an ache in my chest, 
you fall from my eyes gently.

You bubble up in my throat,
i do not know if it is to laugh or to scream,
every inhale brings you into me. 

Devine inspiration and echos in my mind,
you stir the fire within my heart,
that Brigid knew was there. 

Blessed Awen, Blessed Imbas
take over my voice and fill my lungs,
move my hands and let all come. 

Open my hears to that i may hear 
those that dwell beyond the veil. 
My heart beats for them.

Open my eyes so that I may see
the beauty in everything around me,
all is an inspiration. 

Move my hands so that I may write
my tongue so i may speak
everything the world brings to me. 

Move my body to the beat of unsung songs,
dancing to a rhythm that only my heart knows
and my soul plays. 

Imbas and Awen, the gift of the glyphs
words are my brush and life my canvas
help me to never stop sharing...
never stop feeling the power of the art.




-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment