Thursday, June 18, 2020

cold war (original poem - not the best)

It seems to strange
to go from the fire of raised voices
and replace it with the ice 
of a silent cold war. 

If emotions were words theres plenty to say
but I feel like i'm making the wrong choices
and my heart has to pay for the vice
of pride, the cost being yours. 

Some hills are worth dying on,
this one is not. You said you understood,
so then why still are words gone
from our lips? Silence does us no good.

I wave the white flag, a note i lay upon
my last bit of hope. What is it that i could
do to make amends therapon 
and be at peace the way we should. 

You have my heart and it misses you.
I didn't think silence could hurt so much. 
Let this war come to an end and be through
so that we can be comforted by each others touch. 

I wonder if you feel this pain too,
although I doubt it, as company is not such
an important aspect to you - even when blue.
This is really crushing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment