Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Making a switch?

I'm really not sure what all I am supposed to be doing in order to look busy as I sit and literally wait for the phone to ring. 

I have called people to pick up their stuff. 
I did all the filing yesterday. 
I've taken out the trash.
I've swept. 

Usually... I would just chill on my phone until the phone rings and I ACTUALLY have something to do... 

but no. they have reiterated their no phones policy at the meeting today. 

which means I am back to just staring at the screen.... i hate this... i need things to do. stimulation for my brian. I need to be doing something. 

so.... i'm researching online. 
out of curiosity.... what jobs are hiring right now?

low and behold... one of our clients is hiring for an office administrator. Offering 11-15$ an hour. 
I'm really on the fence about reaching out to them. 

Because as dissatisfied as I am with working where I am... it's laid back here. I can take off work whenever I need to. I can have colored hair. It's close to home and it's honestly not a stressful job at all. Plus I can sneakily do all my homework here when school is in session - versus having to wait till I am home after work and not wanting to do anything but then having to tackle homework. 

however, this other job makes it seem like i would stay busy the whole day which is what I want. I miss actually being engaged and doing things. Its monday-friday, meaning I would still have my weekend. It even requires people to have a smartphone, which makes me think that's how everyone in the office communicates, either text or call, which is fine. it could *potentially* pay me equal to or more than what I am making now. 

Granted... if I leave where I am at I will have to pay like... I think it totaled about $120 for the eye insurance, dental insurance, cancer insurance, accident insurance, and life insurance.

BUT this other job would offer me health insurance. The question is... would it be as good as the health insurance that I have now through obamacare? I know a lot of office insurances are crappier plans... and thats something to consider. I really need more information before I make a switch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment