Friday, July 31, 2020

Brigid Focus

Brigid Focus

So I need to work with brigid on a day to day and be less formal and forced about it. 
So naturally i'm doing some research again....and just like always it's really about divine timing. I'm finding stuff that I hadn't before. Or at least I'm seeing it with new eyes.

Plants: red clover, oak, shamrock, rushes
Crystals: moss agate, emerald, garnet, citrine, amber, rainbow obsidian
Perfumes/Scents: Heather, wisteria, violet, lavender, lemon verbena, and heliotrope
Best day: Friday (this will be when i do the candle and readings with her)
Symbols: Triskele ( A symbol I love drawing... really soothes and calms) and Triquetra
Might use the Triskele to make a new card spread..... add it to the list. A simple, general, 9 card spread. 


Message from Brigid:
"Its as good a place as any, we build our altar here... make me your maria. i'm already on my knees.... you had jesus on your breath, so i caught him in mine. Sweating our confessions, The undone and the divine. 'Cause this is his body, This is his blood. Such selfish prayers And I can't get enough"

Part of me has this insane idea to make my body a living altar to her. like getting the Triskele tattooed on me. Part of me wishes I could figure out a way to set up her altar safely in the kitchen where it wouldn't get messy or damaged. I feel like more kitchen witchcraft would please her. Sing to move the energy while I cook. I kind of want to put her on a wall so that the entire kitchen itself is her altar... and I would be worshipping her as I cook and then as I clean.... would also inspire me to clean more. 

And part of me thinks i may need to talk to a catholic person who works with her saintly variation. Or maybe I need to look into that part of her too. 


3 "sisters" or Talents of Brigid: Healing, Poetry (prophecy and learning), and Smithing/fire. Perhaps I have been so focused on the bardic aspect of her that I have neglected the other 2. She is a triple Goddess afterall, and to leave out her other 2 talents/sisters needs to be corrected. I've also seen it as "mother and fertility, healing and art, hearth and fire/smithing". Not quite sure how to worship the mother/fertility aspect other than asking her to bless babies (which i kind of did on instinct the other day). 

Every Day ways to worship her
- get my car fixed... she's a craftsmanship goddess, and use to make/bless horse shoes to protect in transportation... a modern take on this would be cars. Could also set up a way to bless the car through her.... lavender car scent and get some triquetra/triskele stickers?
- ideally set her up in the kitchen and ask her help with cooking/blessing the food before serving it. Ask her as a healer to nourish our bodies (sounds cringingly christian but perhaps for her, that's the point).
- Plant magic/grow your goals (write a dream or goal and plant it with a seed. As the plant grows, so too will your goal)
- "Spring Cleaning".... *sigh* fine. 


Working with her during our 7 week journey to know each other. Once I have her 7 day devotional candle made, Every Friday I will do an activity with her. One way I could do this is on the first and last week do an actual spread with the cards. The 5 weeks in between I can do a single card reading/ask her for updates and then read one of the 5 chapters of "tending Brigid's Flame"... i'll probably read and then talk to her. Honestly that actually feels right. The other days of the week brigid said she wants me to sing to her. I thought that meant setting a specific time to sing to her, but I think that's too forced. What I think she is hoping to do is get me back into the joy of song and dreaming, so she wants me to get into that mentality at least once a day.

The second method I could do is very much like the first, 2 readings, 5 weeks with the book... where I could read the chapter over the course of the  week, and then on that friday do any of the activities/rituals/meditations, mentioned in the chapter with her candle lit on fridays. if there wasn't an activity mentioned, reread favorite part of the chapter with her candle.

Also i think i will keep her candle in the kitchen with me. Maybe I'll get a Triskele windchime and hang it up in the kitchen on the wall?

No comments:

Post a Comment