Thursday, January 23, 2020

Worried about Humu.

I'm worried about Humu. (Sebastion didn't fit him at all and I think Bast isn't hanging around me at the moment anyway... besides he's technically Dalton's cat that I'm taking care of until he gets his own place)... Dalton's favorite book has a character whose name is humunuku..... something long and complicated in another language - so I call him humu. (and no its not the humuhumunukunukuapuaha fish.)

I bathed Humu. He was fine after that... was loving and starting to come out of his shell. Would only hide if smokey was yelling at him...but yesterday something changed. I came home from work and he wouldn't even let me touch him. 

I was concerned because I hadn't seen him eat or drink except for a little bit of wet food. He pissed on the carpet twice... so I bought him his own cat litter thinking that would help. Well he hasn't used it but I haven't found anymore piss spots... and for a cat to go 4 days without pooping is not usual... and someone has used the cat litter at least a bit, so maybe he's finally using it?

He has taken to hiding under the bed (he stopped hiding under the desk when I put the cat litter there) but now he has retreated even further. So today i'm going to take everything out from under it, get him out and put him in the bathroom. I'm then going to inspect and make sure I don't need to clean up any mess under the bed... re-pile everything back under, but i'm going to try to do it in a way that prevents any kitties from hiding too far under, leaving only the outer rims for hiding. 

Then i'm going to walk into the bathroom and love Humu. He really wanted to come on the bed while I was sleeping the other night and smokey would have none of it.... the next day he wouldn't let me touch him. So i'm going to remind him that I am a safe person, that if I am there then smokey can't bully him. (Smokey has been more and more curious about him so i think with time he will chill the fuck out.) Hopefully then we can go back to how it was the first like 2 days. 




I got him Sunday night, he was scared and hiding. Monday he was more willing to come out after I would drag him out and love him, especially after his bath. Tuesday he was walking around when I came home and even tried to join me on the bed that night... Wednesday he was more terrified than ever. Makes me wonder.... So today Thursday we will remind him he is safe and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment