Monday, May 4, 2020

99 things I love

  1. I love my family. My mom, my sisters, my aunt, and my grandparents.
  2. I love hearing Cara laugh and seeing her smile.
  3. I love the warm embraces of my mom. 
  4. I love seeing Racheal grow in life. 
  5. I love my friends.
  6. I love the long conversations in Aaron's driveway where we just connect and share life while he chainsmokers and I ramble. 
  7. I love watching Amy's face light up when she gets excited and passionate about something. 
  8. I love watching Brooks look at Amy. How happy they are. 
  9. I love the hope and peace it brings.
  10. I love those rare moments with him when we almost seem to have gone back in time and there is only love for the length of a single look. 
  11. I love seeing Bree's selfies, knowing that the more she takes the better she is feeling. 
  12. I love Lauren's humor and her protective nature.
  13. I love Emily's optimism and open acceptance.
  14. I love laughing with Matthew and the encouragement he gives me.
  15. I love those random encounters with friends from the past.
  16. I love the smell of the flowers on the wind at this time of the year.
  17. I love the vivid greens and colors of plant life. 
  18. I love my cats, both of them totally unique and irreplaceable.
  19. I love my boyfriend, as frustrating as he can be he is one of the biggest blessings I have. 
  20. I love the brief moments of eye contact with him... the intimacy and love in those shared seconds.
  21. I love his smile when the little boy inside him comes out and he seems to shed the weight of the world.
  22. I love watching him with his son and niece, seeing the love on his face, and the pride in his eyes. 
  23. I love the moments of play life has brought me. 
  24. I love going outside, feeling the sun on my skin and the breeze as it passes by. 
  25. I love the way the water feels on my hands and feet as I walk and play in it. 
  26. I love the way the earth smells after rainfall. 
  27. I love listening to raging thunderstorms, watching the world turn grey as the water falls down. 
  28. I love the fact that while I may get insanely lonely, I am never truly alone. 
  29. I love the fact that I am learning how to hear my gods speak to me. 
  30. I love the fact that I can talk to them about anything.
  31. I love the fact that I am growing in mind and spirit. 
  32. I love that I am learning to use the music and dance within me.
  33. I love the fact that while imperfect my body has beauty and softness. 
  34. I love watching the leaves on the trees dance in the wind from the window at work. Their movement soothes me. 
  35. I love the feeling of freedom I get when I go out for a joy ride, with the windows down and the music up - all cares and worries forgotten for a brief time. 
  36. I love the brief time in between first waking up from sleep and actually being fully awake... when I first become aware and open my eyes. Seeing my cats at peace or seeing my love sleeping. Feeling at one with the world for a millisecond before I come back into my body.
  37. I love that I have so much in my life  that I am able to help others where I can.
  38. I love watching children play with their parents and the hope for my own future that may come. 
  39. I love the sound of laughter, especially children's laughter.
  40. I love the sound of playing, the smiles, the giggles, the rapid movement of bodies going back and forth. 
  41. I love that I can absorb and take in happiness around me and that I can gain happiness from the happiness of those I love.
  42. I love that I can make others smile.
  43. i love that while i am uncertain and scared of the future, my present is firm and stable. 
  44. I love myself. 
  45. I love that I have sure footing, that my legs support me and I have strength in my bones. 
  46. I love watching the world around me change for the better, and the solidarity of those coming together when it doesn't. 
  47. I love the resilience of kindness and goodness inside of people. 
  48. I love that there is hope for the planet and all of her children. 
  49. I love this planet. I love her rivers and oceans, and forests, and babies. 
  50. I love how she provides for us if we take care of her. 
  51. I love the vast array of colors and cultures that are out there. 
  52. I love when they come together in harmony and understanding. 
  53. I love the potential that we all have. 
  54. I love the cooperation that is already present. 
  55. I love that we have the ability to learn and grow, to understand what used to scare us. 
  56. I love the way the grass feels beneath my feet.
  57. I love the sound of the ocean and the smell of the salt water air.
  58. I love the crisp mornings at dawn in the mountains. The stillness and then burst of life.
  59. I love the tender touch of hands, the affection that is conveyed in such tiny instances.
  60. I love being able to cook, that i can sustain those I care about. 
  61. I love when my partner kisses my head or my cheek as I cook. 
  62. I love that one day I will cook for my family, and that when this pandemic passes i will cook for the current Family i have once again. 
  63. I love that I still work with people and get to interact with the public everyday. 
  64. I love meeting quiet and shy people, timid like i use to be, and showing them that not everyone is scary. 
  65. I love the smiles they give as we say goodbye. 
  66. I love the feeling of wind in my face... makes me imagine flying. A taste of freedom. 
  67. I love the click-clack of a keyboard. the sound spurring me to write more and making the clogs in my mind keep going. 
  68. I love the smooth glide of ink on a page, the sensation makes my heart soar. 
  69. I love being an artist, painting images, sights, sounds, smells, sensations.... conjuring emotions and daydreams... all with the written word. I miss my art. 
  70. I love music. The way it stirs the soul and the imagination. the way it lifts the spirits or expresses emotions in ways we otherwise cannot.
  71. I love all of the people I have lost in my life. I love them as people, and I miss the love that was once there between us. I will love the memories of them.
  72. I love road trips. The feelings of comradery and excitement as everyone loads up into the car. The music and singing along the way. The impatience and banter. Stopping for food along the way or digging through all the snacks that were packed. 
  73. I love amusement parks. The sound of excited screams and the adrenaline rushes the rides bring. 
  74. I love fairs and festivals. All the sounds and sights. The mechanical smell of the rides mixing with the aromas of food. The crowds. 
  75. I love haunted house attractions. The anticipation of waiting in the lines. The smell of the boards and paint of the props triggering nostalgia from when I worked in them. The gleeful screams as people are startled or shocked. The competitive energy between each room/section. The comradery between all the actors. 
  76. I love the taste of a good margarita. The warm happy feelings that come from alcohol when in good company. The drunken laughter. The smooth burn of the agave. 
  77. I love the bitter-sweet smoothness of chocolate desserts. 
  78. I love the warm comforting sensation of drinking coffee or tea or hot cocoa after playing out in the snow. 
  79. I love the childish excitement that replaces the adult dread when i actually see snow. 
  80. I love the excuse of being thoroughly frozen to the bone to cuddle up to people that i love. 
  81. I love gathering to look at pretty lights and decorations come wintertime. 
  82. I love holidays. Decorating and perfuming the air with excitement and happiness. Having people you love come over and eating, drinking, and merry making. exchanging of simple gifts just to spread happiness - knowing the companionship is enough. The colors and cheer.
  83. I love the quiet moments at home, cuddled up with a companion, and just existing. 
  84. I love the rush of excitement I get when i'm crunching a budget, the knowledge that there is a definite answer and all that's needed is a plan. Simple Math is a simple pleasure. 
  85. I love the way research sucks me in and I forget where i am and the feeling of time fades away. The rush that learning and organizing gives. The sense of accomplishment at a finished spreadsheet. 
  86. I love a good book. The world fades away and new adventures and lives can be lived. 
  87. i love the power of the mind - the sheer ability to think our way into new experiences and epiphanies and perspectives. 
  88. I love being able to do simple fun activities with my social circle. 
  89. I love the feelings of warm water on my skin and the sweet orange scent of my bubblebath. 
  90. I love the fact that there are people in this world that fight for justice, for people, for animals, for the world... and I hope I can be one of those people in the future. 
  91. I love the fact that I have the world's information at my finger tips and can connect with people from all walks of life and from everywhere through social media. 
  92. I love the ability to create art and culture - that it has the power to uplift and connect and unite the world. 
  93. I love that there are mysteries of the past that can never fully be explained and the creativity it can spark. 
  94. I love that feeling of clarity that comes after the heavy fog of a bipolar episode... the relief and sense of "fresh air" after feeling like I had been suffocating. 
  95. I love knowing that I am stronger than I think I am. I love that others know it about me even when I can't see it in the moment. 
  96. I love the luxuries and privileges that i have been blessed with. I know it would be all too easy to lose them or to have been born without them.
  97. I love the sense of peace that comes with nighttime. The quiet comfort. The light of the moon and the stars that inspire. 
  98. I love watching animals play and exist. The unworried behavior of house cats. The grace and elegance of wildcats. The playfulness and shenanigans of primate. The quirks of birds. Nature documentaries are my friends. 
  99. As hard and complex and filled with constant ups and downs as it is.... I love this life that i've been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment