Tuesday, December 24, 2019

ice and iron - 12/20/19

Around my heart I have a Wall
Its made of ice and iron.
I long to open the doors to the hall
and let others freely walk in. 

I want to let the doors fall
and the fire to  burn,
but the ice only grows tall,
Around my heart I have a Wall.

I pretend I do not need anyone at all
Silence is safe, I have learned.
I surround myself within a ball,
its made of ice and iron. 

They say time is the best way to thaw
but what would melt something to stern
all alone i didn't bawl,
around my heart i have a wall

Someone of great strength could stand to haul
A ray of light to upturn
the bridge of fear that makes me stall;
its made of ice and iron. 

Please have patience, I long to call
to the ones who would seem not to turn
I whisper that maybe love can last above all,
Around my Heart I have a wall
its made of ice and iron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment