Thursday, December 12, 2019

Maiden mother crone 12/5/2019

So in wicca there is the triple goddess aspect called maiden mother crone. 
As someone who briefly started out in Wicca I still follow that aspect... only I don't believe it has to be one goddess. 
I believe that there is a path that every woman (and man) follows, a triple aspect: maiden/boy, mother/father - warrior - woman/man, and followed by crone/elder. 
Now the last part has more to do with experience rather than age. 

I am approaching the mother part of my life - I am not a mother nor do I think I will become one anytime soon; however, Instinctually i am becoming more maternal and BOY DO I HAVE BABY FEVER. 
The same can be said about teenagers who get pregnant. Just having the child doesn't always initiate the mother/father aspect of life - its a mental place, not a physical one. Until An individual is mentally at a place where they are ready to care for another, then they will remain in the maiden/boy part of life. 

OR

If parental instinct are not present, then there is the "warrior" option, which essentially just means an instinctively protective maturity. For those that don't like the label of "warrior" there is also woman/man - The second phase of life is just about maturity. 

The Crone/Elder phase of life is all about wisdom and experience. You can have a 25 year old military verteran that has aged beyond his years and become an elder. You can have a 30 year old recovered addict in her crone phase. 

Maiden/Boy - innocence, experimental, young or immature
Mother/Father/Warrior - Maturity. Looking at the world through new eyes, ready to "grow up"
Crone/Elder - Wisdom, experience, ready to teach others about LIFE.


I personally feel it is important to have a balanced paneon to those who are polythiestic if you choose to work with multiple gods.  I feel like their should be a deity to represent each phase of life, each element, each season, life/creation and death ... Everything is a cycle and it is important to honor and represent that spiritually. 

Maiden: Aine - spring - water (I worship Aine in her maiden mermaid form)
Mother/Father - Demeter/Cernunnos - earth (Cernnuons shows himself to me as a green man but not an elderly one) 
Warrior: Brigid - fire / Queen Mab - Air
Crone/Elder: to be determined (I feel like this will eventually be the Morrigan because I do not have any deities of death in my pantheon... it is incomplete and unbalanced atm)

No comments:

Post a Comment