Sunday, March 30, 2014

Congradulations

Once again i have been reminded of how amazing Racheal is. Racheal is going places.

 "Congratulations!"
"uh... thats my sister not me"
^ that seems to be happening a lot lately.

Congratulations Racheal. For being the talented one. For being the logical one. For being the Successful one. For being the one who gets to go the the college of her dreams. For being the one who got into a prestigious college that impresses everyone.

Congratulations on being a soldier. For having you rights taken from you (she can't wear her spirit braid, even though its part of her religion, she can't have tattoos past a certain point, no facial piercings, no colored earrings when in uniform, etc.) so that our screwed up government can go invade other countries and then use you to "protect our rights".

I may never amount to much but at least i'll keep my rights. I can do what i want with my body (to a point). But i'll never have people clamoring to tell me congratulations. I lived under Racheal's shadow for a while and just when i'm finally out from under it, it grows and engulfs me again.

Mom wants me to be more like Racheal. She'll never say it (or hasn't yet). Logical. Planned. Controlled. My goals are scoffed at. Even my most realistic goal is "unrealistic."

Racheal is going places. Racheal will be known. Racheal will go on to do great things. And me?

I'll disappear.

As Racheal's shadow grows bigger and bigger i will never bee seen. Never be heard.

I got a job ... So, Racheal got into westpoint
I'm writing a novel....So, Racheal Joined the Army.
I have an idea...So, Racheal has her entire life planned.


Racheal is Racheal...and i'm just...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment