Saturday, May 18, 2019

Fooling myself

I’m fooling myself.  There is no hope for this.

Hoping for a miracle is just me trying to bargain with the universe.

There is no way to take back what has been said and what has been felt. I’m just glad it came up now towards the end of the lease.

I just want to cry. I want to be in his arms, held tightly, face buried in his chest, and told this is a bad dream.

I want to live in a magical world where love is enough to make anything work. But this is reality.

And this is real.

And it’s over. I’m doing it when I drop the cats back off at the apartment tomorrow.

Never in my life did I think I would ever have to break up with somone I was totally in love with.

I really thought he was the one.
I thought I could spend my life with him and be happy.

I was just fooling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment