Thursday, May 16, 2019

Why me?

I keep bouncing between angry and sorrowful.

What was said was so hurtful and it just repeats in my brain over and over... even though I know it’s projection, it haunts my mind.

I’m going to have my masters degree by the time I’m 27 (at the latest).
Within another year I will be completely financially independent from anyone.
As of right now I can at least pay my bills as they are.
I’m making social connections to people of influence, which could potentially land me in a very cushy job upon graduation.
I can cook and take care of myself.
I know what I want in a relationship and in a partner, no questions or confusion about it’s
I know what I want with a partner, no confusion or question about it.
I have a plan for my life and I’m making moves to see it happen.

I’m kind and compassionate.
Perhaps I love too much, too fast, and too easily.
I put up with more shit that I should.
I have the opportunity for better but like an idiot I listen to my heart.
I am willing to try new things with and for the people I love.

I’m fucking enough.

But you know what’s ridiculous? When I know I’m enough and I still feel myself believing and giving into someone else’s confused and chaotic ideas of perfect. Like an idiot I’m pining over someone that doesn’t know what they want and possibly doesn’t want me.

So many people would jump if I paid them the time of day and yet here I am crying like a moron in my car unable to go home.

Gods above what is wrong with me?  I know I am enough and that I’m a fantastic person and fantastic partner. Why do I let those words get to me?
Why am I so fucking stupid.

They were right and yet I don’t want to leave or give up.
But why is it always me in this situation?
Why is it only me?

No comments:

Post a Comment